All information and data collected in the Website and our data forms are treated with strict confidentiality as mandated by the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (RA 10173). No data or information will be disclosed to third parties without your written permission or a valid order from the court and/or other government agencies.
Any person who enters and makes use of the Website and avails of the services of PHILSTAR CAREERGUIDE signifies their agreement to be bound by the Policy. By using any part of the Website and availing of our services, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as outlined in the Policy as well as the collection, processing and maintenance of this information in the Republic of the Philippines, and if applicable, other countries. If you do not agree to the terms of the Policy, you must promptly discontinue using the Website and our services.
In order to access the contents of our Website and avail of our services, we will require you to register with us by creating your own personal PHILSTAR CAREERGUIDE account. When you register, you will be asked to provide certain personal information about yourself and/or your company, whichever is applicable. Personal information encompasses data that can be used to identify an individual. The Policy strictly requires that the information you provide us, at any given time, be true, accurate, current and complete. Furthermore, you must ensure that such information is kept accurate and up to date.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our primary purpose in collecting, holding, and using your personal information is for the facilitation, promotion, and improvement of our goods and services. We only collect information that we consider necessary for achieving this objective.
If you register with us, your personal information may be used for any of the following activities:
- To verify your identity and qualifications;
- To assess your company’s employment worthiness;
- To assess your employability;
- To process your job posting transactions;
- To process your job placement orders;
- To respond to requests or inquiries;
- To monitor and improve the performance of the Website;
- To maintain and develop the Website and our services;
- To provide administrative information and assistance regarding job postings; and
- To provide any other information that we deem helpful to you.
Rest assured, we will treat any information that you give us with the utmost confidentiality. However, we may pass this information on to other businesses who perform functions or services on our behalf such as legal services, IT services, call centers, gateway providers, organizations that assist us to check or prevent unauthorized or fraudulent transactions, or those otherwise required by law. We will request any third party, with whom your personal information is disclosed, to also treat the information as confidential and to protect it in a manner consistent with this Policy. We may also use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We collect and hold personal information that is reasonably necessary for the operation of our business including, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Company Information
- Company Name
- Company Overview
- Company Logo
- Products and Services
- Facebook and/or Other Social Media pages
- Contact Person
- First Name
- Last Name
- Position Level
- Phone Number
- Basic Information
- Date of birth
- Relationship Status
- Facebook and/or Other Social Media pages
- Work Experience
- Position Level
- Work Duration
- Job Overview
- Enrollment Duration
- Contact Information
- Contact Number
Personal information is collected whenever you do the following:
- Visit the Website;
- Register in the Website;
- Take part in our promotions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups; and
- Deal with us in other ways that may require you to provide us with your personal information (i.e. contacting us or bringing a claim against us).
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources. We may analyze that data together with your records with us in order to learn more about your preferences and interests. When you visit the Website, click on our online advertisements, or visit our social media, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, such as in the instance of “cookies”.
HOLDING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
All the personal information that we collect is safely stored in our records database, which consists of web servers and hard copies of files. Please note that our servers may be operated by us and/or by our service providers. Your personal information is password-protected to prevent unauthorized access to it. You should not divulge your password to anyone. In any case, we have ensured security measures aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorized access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of personal information.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties in order for PHILSTAR CAREERGUIDE to effectively manage its business. These third parties include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Third parties contracted by PHILSTAR CAREERGUIDE to assist in delivering PHILSTAR CAREERGUIDE goods and services;
- Strategic business partners of PHILSTAR CAREERGUIDE;
- Educational and work institutions for purposes of verifying the jobseeker’s submitted qualifications;
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or other governmental bodies for purposes of verifying the employer’s submitted qualifications;
- Government agencies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function, under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
- Government agencies or other authorities for the purpose of detection or prevention of crime, illegal/unlawful activities or fraud or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or for an investigation relating to any of these;
- Any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings; and
- Other parties permitted under any data protection legislation
The Website may contain links to third party sites. PHILSTAR CAREERGUIDE is not responsible for such third party sites. Any personal information that you provide to said sites will not be covered by the Policy.
AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF TECHNICAL DATA
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by the Website. This information may include, among others, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the continued maintenance and operation of our services and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the Website.
We use reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, unauthorized access, misuse, alteration and destruction of personal information under our control, both during the transmission and reception of data. Although we do our best to protect and maintain the security of information, we cannot guarantee that it will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration. This is because the transmission of data over the Internet or any method of electronic storage, particularly via public computers, is never fully secure. Thus, you are responsible in securing your personal password and user credentials.
USER ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You will be provided with access to your own personal information except in limited circumstances recognized by law. If you wish to access your personal information or inquire about privacy, you may do so by contacting us. However, note that we may require you to show proof of identity before allowing you access to your personal information stored in our database.
If you have any issues or complaints regarding our privacy rules or any breach of privacy, please feel free to bring it to our attention via a written notice. Thereafter, your written complaint will be thoroughly discussed and investigated by our personnel, service providers, and/or other responsible agencies. Rest assured that we will do our best to address your concerns in a timely manner and promptly inform you the outcome of the investigation.
Cookies may be arranged (“set”) by us or by others under an arrangement with us, such as companies that analyze information. We may also access information from cookies set by others (“3rd party cookies”).
- You can control the extent to which your device allows cookies by changing the settings on the software your device uses to access the Internet (i.e., browser software). For example, depending on which browser your device uses, you may be able to disable third party cookies.
- Reasons for allowing cookies:
- First, we allow session cookies to be used when you visit our online content. This enables your device to move from page to page without having to log in repeatedly resulting into a generally improved browsing experience;
- Second, we allow persistent (permanent) cookies to be used to better inform how the content your device visits may be presented to you. Persistent cookies can store your preferences for a particular site so that they will be remembered when the site is visited again; and
- Third, we allow persistent and other kinds of permanent cookies (such as “flash” cookies) to be set and we access information from 3rd party cookies in order to assist in compiling and analyzing the types of online content you visit and your interaction with that content. This assists us to assess what promotions to offer to you, and when and how. It also assists us to measure the effectiveness of our promotions.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN USING THE WEBSITE
The Website does not knowingly solicit any personal information from persons under the age of eighteen (18) years old. In addition, the Website does not knowingly obtain, retain or use information from anyone who indicates that they are under the age of eighteen (18) years old. Accordingly, minors may be restricted from participating in certain features and transactions on the Website and our services.
However, in case of usage by a minor, PHILSTAR CAREERGUIDE assumes that said minor obtained the consent of his/her legal guardian. Thus, the terms and conditions of this Policy shall be binding on both minor and his/her legal guardian.
Nevertheless, if you are the parent or legal guardian of a person under eighteen (18) years old who has registered on the Website or you believe has otherwise provided personal information to PHILSTAR CAREERGUIDE without your consent, please contact us immediately so that we can terminate the account of the concerned child and delete all relevant information connected with it.
For any questions, comments, issues, or requests regarding the Policy of the Website and/or our services, please do not hesitate to contact us through the following:
- Email: [email protected]
- Office Address: 202 Roberto Oca corner Railroad St, Port Area, Manila